Frequently Asked Questions

Typically, delivery takes about 2-3 business days. Delivery time is dependent on the state in which you reside.
FreeStyle Libre: 28 days; 2 sensors Dexcom: 30 days; 3 sensors
Yes, all new Lincoln Health Supply users will receive one reader with their first order if they have not received one in the last 5 years. Medicare only covers one reader for every 5 years.
According to Medicare Part B (CMS), in order to qualify for your continuous glucose monitor, you must meet the following criteria: 1) have either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes or be hypoglycemic; 2) be insulin-treated; 3)The beneficiary has diabetes mellitus (Refer to the ICD-10 code list in the LCD-related Policy Article for applicable diagnoses); and,
  • The beneficiary’s treating practitioner has concluded that the beneficiary (or beneficiary’s caregiver) has sufficient training using the CGM prescribed as evidenced by providing a prescription; and,
  • The CGM is prescribed in accordance with its FDA indications for use; and,
  The beneficiary for whom a CGM is being prescribed, to improve glycemic control, meets at least one of the criteria below: The beneficiary is insulin-treated; or, The beneficiary has a history of problematic hypoglycemia with documentation of at least one of the following (see the POLICY SPECIFIC DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS section of the LCD-related Policy Article (A52464)):  
    • Recurrent (more than one) level 2 hypoglycemic events (glucose <54mg/dL (3.0mmol/L)) that persist despite multiple (more than one) attempts to adjust medication(s) and/or modify the diabetes treatment plan; or,
    • A history of one level 3 hypoglycemic event (glucose <54mg/dL (3.0mmol/L)) characterized by altered mental and/or physical state requiring third-party assistance for treatment of hypoglycemia
    • Within six (6) months prior to ordering the CGM, the treating practitioner has an in-person or Medicare-approved telehealth visit with the beneficiary to evaluate their diabetes control and determined that criteria (1)-(4) above are met.
Medicare Part B covers 80 percent, while secondary insurance covers the remaining 20 percent of the balance.
If you do not want to use the reader, you can download the FreeStyle Libre app on your smartphone—Google Play for Android users and the App Store for iPhone users. The app will walk you through and proceed with the setup. (Double-check details re: Dexcom)
Abbott manufacture covers warranty on all sensors. For sensors that may have malfunctioned, we suggest that you contact the Abbott warranty line at (855) 632-8658, and they will be able to send out a replacement to you for the sensor that is not working properly. (Double-check details re: Dexcom)